Orlando Birth Injury Lawyer
If your baby was injured at birth and you suspect that doctor negligence played a role, do not delay in contacting Todd Miner Law®️. With decades of combined legal experience handling a variety of personal injury cases, our Orlando birth injury attorneys know how to hold negligent doctors accountable for their failure to meet their duty of care.
Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me | Orlando & Central Florida
It’s free, unless we winLet us fight for you so you can focus on your recovery
What’s the Process?
Submit this form
Submit this form for a free consultation. From there, we take care of all the details and paperwork on your behalf so you never feel overwhelmed or lost regarding your case.
We work hard for you
We handle all the legal aspects of your case so you can relax and focus on your recovery.
Collect your compensation
We have won millions for our clients, but we won’t charge a cent unless we win.
The Proof is in Our Results
Millions Of Dollars In Recoveries By Our Attorneys
Todd, thank you for fighting for me and making sure that the insurance pays me every single penny out of my case.
Todd, thank you for stellar representation. From our first contact all the way through the successful settlement, you’ve made a difference.
Thank you for winning my case. From the very first day, you and your team have been there for me. You guys surely know what you are doing. Thank you again.
Todd, thank you and your team for helping me win my case. You guys did really awesome and I would recommend you to anybody.
I just really want to thank you and your amazing team for helping me and my family get through these tough times. I would definitely recommend anyone looking for a good lawyer – the best lawyer in Florida!
A million times, thank you. I truly will be forever grateful to you and your amazing team for providing me with excellent guidance through a difficult case.
Thank you so much for all your help throughout this process. You and your team are gold.
Todd, I thank you and your incredible team for winning my case. It was handled professionally and in a timely manner. I will always recommend you and your firm. Thank you.
Todd, thank you and your team. I really appreciate what you did for my case. I would recommend you to all my friends. Thank you. Todd.
I wanted to thank Todd Miner and his entire staff. Your empathetic and skilled team strived for a better outcome and I greatly appreciate that, my sincere thank you.
Frequently Asked Birth Injury Lawyer Questions
Obstetrical doctors and nurses are trained to look for signs of fetal distress during labor and delivery, and to act quickly when they are identified in order to avoid injuring the baby and mother. Failure to identify and respond to these signs can result in a devastating and preventable birth injury with lifelong consequences. Similarly, improper use of birth-assisting tools such as vacuum extractors and forceps, or improper use of birth-assisting drugs like Pitocin, can also cause lasting harm to a baby. If you believe your child’s birth injury resulted from the error of a healthcare professional or hospital, you may have grounds for a medical malpractice claim. Doctor negligence can result in the following preventable birth injuries:
- Cerebral palsy, resulting in permanent damage to movement, posture and muscle tone
- Cephalohematoma, resulting in bleeding beneath an infant’s scalp
- Caput succedaneum, a swelling of the newborn’s scalp caused by prolonged pressure during birth
- Brachial plexus injuries, affecting the nerves of the shoulder, arm and hand
- Brain injuries, resulting from a lack of oxygen to the baby
- Bone fractures, caused by excessive and overly-forceful pulling during delivery
- Fetal stroke, resulting from birth asphyxia
- Spinal cord injury, often resulting from a missed diagnosis of spina bifida
- Facial paralysis, in which excessive pressure damages a baby’s facial nerves
Birth injuries can result in lifelong physical and cognitive disability, which can have a huge impact on not just the victim, but their family as well. Expensive, ongoing medical treatment may be required throughout the child’s life. As the child grows, they may require caregivers and other resources to accommodate their special needs. Parents may have to give up their jobs in order to provide full-time care to the child. With so many financial burdens, it is important to take legal action to hold negligent doctors accountable for their error.
Oxygen deprivation, also known as asphyxiation or birth asphyxia, is one of the most common causes of birth injuries. Asphyxiation often leads to hypoxia or anoxia, two conditions involving reduced oxygen supply to organ tissues. Both hypoxia (insufficient oxygen supply, despite adequate blood flow) and anoxia (no oxygen supply, despite adequate blood flow) can result in serious complications, including brain damage. Put simply, when oxygen levels fall too low during the birthing process, infants can quickly suffer serious and sometimes lifelong birth injuries. Some of the common causes of insufficient oxygen supply during birth include:
- Too little oxygen in the mother’s blood
- Early separation of the placenta
- Umbilical cord complications, such as the cord becoming wrapped around the baby’s neck
- Maternal infections, especially when they are not treated
- Blocked or malformed airways
- High or low maternal blood pressure
- Preeclampsia (high maternal blood pressure) and eclampsia
- Severe jaundice and/or kernicterus
- Physical damage to the infant during delivery
- Improper use of vacuum extractors/forceps
- Prolonged labor/failure to order a timely cesarean section (C-section)
Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals are responsible for monitoring the health of the baby during the labor and delivery process. When they fail to do so, they can miss signs of fetal distress. Failure to react and correct poor oxygen supply during birth can have devastating consequences for the child and his or her parents. Some of the effects of poor oxygen supply to the infant during birth include:
- Brain damage
- Cerebral palsy
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Behavioral disorders
- Learning disabilities and cognitive delays
A child who suffers birth asphyxia may struggle in reaching developmental milestones and could have difficulties caring for him/herself for the remainder of his or her life. Immediate treatment for resulting issues can be incredibly expensive – and the lifetime cost of caring for a child with serious physical or cognitive limitations can be exorbitant. You and your family should simply not have to put up with the immense burdens of a medical professional’s negligence on your own.
Reasons To Choose Our Birth Injury Lawyers
Experience, Reliability, Communication & Results
- Client-Focused Approach We handle the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what’s most important – your recovery.
- Experience on your sideAttorney Todd Miner has over 29 years of experience fighting on both sides. Our firm is made up of former insurance company lawyers. Everything we learned from their side, we bring to yours.
- Millions in Recoveries Our legal team has extensive trial experience and a proven track record of success.
- Community-Focused Todd Miner is a trusted advocate for residents in Orlando & the surrounding areas of Central Florida.
- Strong Client Satisfaction We are proud to be the go-to choice for injured clients in need of effective &
- Invaluable Legal Insight Todd Miner possesses an insider’s perspective from years of working for the largest insurance company in America.