Living and recovering from a work-related injury or illness can be stressful and emotionally draining. On top of that, having to file your claim properly and deal with your employer’s insurance to get the compensation you deserve can be a challenge, but one that you do not need to do alone.
The last thing you should have to worry about is whether you will receive the medical attention you need for injuries, and the money you need for your lost wages. Instead of worrying, you should focus on recovering. This is why you should always consult with an attorney to help you with your claim.
Why do I need an attorney for my workers’ compensation claim?
There are many reasons why you may need an attorney to handle your work-related injury case. Besides the obvious – that an attorney will free up your time to allow you to focus on your recovery – you may need an attorney for the following basic reasons:
To ensure you are getting the highest and best compensation that you are entitled to.
To ensure that your claim is submitted in a timely manner and includes everything that is required to receive compensation.
To help with any miscellaneous roadblocks that your employer’s insurance company throws your way.
When should I involve an attorney for my workers’ compensation claim?
It is always best to hire an attorney as soon as possible to protect your interests. However, if you are hesitant to do so, here are some things to look for that may cause you to reconsider your decision:
The Insurance company disputes or denies your claim for one of the following reasons:
- They say your injury was not work-related.
- You filed your claim too late.
- Your injury was unwitnessed.
- There is a discrepancy in your medical records and the injury you are claiming.
- You filed the claim after you were fired or laid off.
- You had illegal drugs in your system at the time of your injury occurred.
- You refused to give the insurance company a statement or sign medical authorizations.
- Your permanent disability rating is disputed – meaning the insurance company does not agree with the rating assigned by your doctor.
- You have a pre-existing injury or condition with the same body part that you injured on the job.
- You are having trouble getting the treatment you need.
- You are having trouble getting your lost wages paid.
- Your ability to work is compromised – such as never being able to work the job again or having to change careers.
- You receive other government benefits – such as Social Security Disability Insurance.
- You are required to attend a hearing.
How do I get my case with an attorney started?
At Todd Miner Law®️, we offer e-signing for all our clients. There is no need to come to our office, and it only takes a few minutes. It is very simple! All you need is a computer or smartphone. If you don’t have access to either, you may also sign up in person. We will then immediately evaluate your case and inform you of the next steps that need to be taken.
What do I look for in hiring an attorney for my case?
When you are looking to hire a workers’ compensation attorney, you will want to find one with specific expertise with this area of law. Workers’ compensation law is complex and highly specialized, which is why you need an attorney who has years of experience dealing with big insurance companies.
What will Todd Miner Law®️ do for me and my workers’ compensation case?
With over 30 years of legal experience, Todd Miner and his team of former insurance company attorneys and former insurance company claims adjusters, will take everything they learned on the insurance company side and bring it to your side, to help with your workers’ compensation claim.
Todd Miner has worked for the largest insurance company in the nation and knows exactly how they handle these types of cases. With this insight, Todd uses his knowledge and expertise to ensure you get the best compensation for your injuries.
Best of all, at Todd Miner Law®️, we handle injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t charge legal fees unless we are successful in recovering compensation. This makes many of our clients feel at ease when they realize they don’t have to pay out-of-pocket legal fees for our services. The peace of mind and overall well-being of our clients are extremely important to us.
In the end, you want an attorney that treats you with respect, communicates with you, and gives you the confidence you need knowing that they will get you the compensation that you deserve. If you have more questions regarding workers’ compensation and obtaining a lawyer to help you get the benefits you deserve for your illness or injury, then contact Todd Miner Law®️ today. Click here or call 407-894-1480.